Did you know that nuts can be toxic to your pets? According to a report, walnuts and macadamia nuts are especially toxic. Side effects can be anything from vomiting to paralysis to death.
If you see any of these symptoms, be sure to get to your pet hospital immediately. Within 12 hours of eating the nuts, pets start to develop symptoms such as an inability to stand or walk, vomiting, hyperthermia (elevated body temperature), weakness, and an elevated heart rate.
These symptoms can be even worse if your dog eats some chocolate with the nuts. The effect can cause kidney failure, often leading to death.
If you know your pet has eaten nuts, be sure to act fast and call your vet.