* Credentials: Is the doctor a member of the American Veterinary Medical Association or any other professional organizations?
* Hours: Do they mesh with your schedule?
* Location: Is it convenient to home and work? (Especially in case of emergencies.)
* Facilities: Do they seem clean and well-organized?
* Availability: How easy is it to book an appointment?
* Staff: Do they seem friendly and knowledgeable?
* Prices: Do they fit your budget?
* Experience: How savvy is the vet about any special health conditions your dog may have?
* Services: Do they perform diagnostics, such as x-rays and ultrasounds, in the office, or do you need to be referred to a specialist?
* Reputation: Ask friends, family members, and colleagues for recommendations.
Tips from the "DogAge" website.