Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Most Popular Cat Breed?

Do you know what is the most popular cat on the planet?

Well, it is the Persian. Persians are beautiful, elegant and regal; the Persian is ideal if you want a cat that's sweet, devoted, docile, affectionate and laid-back.

Persians were prominently featured in 1871 at the first modern cat show held at London's Crystal Palace. By the early 1900s, the Persian had become overwhelmingly popular in the United Kingdom. Persians were imported to North America in the late 1800s, where they quickly took their place as top cat. Over the years, American breeders have bred for a more extreme facial type, longer fur, shorter ears, and a boxy design. More than 100 years of selected breeding evolved the Persian into the breed we know today.

According to the Petplace.com, the second most popular cat is the Maine Coon followed by the Exotic and the Siamese.

9 comments:

Jan said...

My cat is affectionate on her terms, but not any of those other things. Persian cats sound like Poodles.

pussreboots said...

My cat is an American short hair calico and she suits me just fine. :)

Nyanko said...

My cat has long whote fur, I guess he is mix of hymarayan and Percian.
But he doesn't have short, Chin type nose.
I think long fur cats are calm and short fur cats are cheerful.
Don't you think that?

Anonymous said...

I'm very partial to bengals and maine coons, myself. Not sure I could every justify buying such a cat, though. Not when there are so many shelter sweeties out there.

It'd be great to have a clam Persian, though - for the sake of my birds!

Anonymous said...

Oops! I meant "calm" - not "clam"!!

Anonymous said...

Music began playing as soon as I opened this web site, so irritating!

Anonymous said...

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already Oczko Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I was just seeking this information for a while. After six hours of continuous Googleing, at last I got it in your site. I wonder what is the Google's problem that does not rank this type of informative sites closer to the top. Usually the top sites are full of garbage.

Anonymous said...

Guуѕ, this wаy ѕeԁut dan tarik-lepas,
ѕеdut lagi lalu taгik-lepas,
bеgitu setегusnya hingga kepаla
teгasa rіngan. elongated courses requіre squеamiѕh ԁeеp
brеaths, anԁ enjoy! еarlier Wеѕterlу medicinаl drug
became рop іn the Philіppineѕ, so famous
this hebdomad. Tantrіc Massagе thеrаpy can alѕο mix with
requireѕ some praсtice, becаuse the G-spоt Usuallу of neсessіty to be awakened bеfoгe іt
oрens up its jοyful pleаsures. In summation,
At thаt place aгe emotіons bу еxpressing thеm fittіngly.


Ηere is mу blog ρost - tantric massage London