Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Basic Bird Care - The Cage

Birds require more attention and detail with their care then some might realize.

A bird will spend the majority of its time confined in a cage. Therefore, choose the largest cage you can accommodate in your home. Allow width for wingspan extension and height for birds with long tail feathers. The cage should be made from a nontoxic material, and will need to be strong enough to withstand dismantling attempts by the bird.

Choose perches that are easy to clean and easily replaceable. Give birds (depending on species) different perching options.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with having a large cage. I have always felt limited space for a bird could never be comfortable. They have wings they need to spread.

Anonymous said...

I would like to take the opportunity of thanking you for that professional suggestions I have continually enjoyed visiting your site. I am looking forward to the commencement of my school research and the complete preparation would never have been complete without coming to your blog. If I could be of any help to others, I'd personally be delighted to help through what I have discovered from here.