Monday, November 9, 2009

Concern Over H1N1 in Cat

With the recent announcement that the H1N1 virus was found in a cat, it is important to be concerned. Here are is intresting viewpoint that I found:

Be Concerned, Not Panicked
The upshot is that we need to be concerned for our pets, but there’s no need to panic. Knowing that cats and ferrets are susceptible to the swine flu virus adds a heretofore unknown twist to the rapidly developing H1N1 story, but all it means is that you need to take precautions should you develop flu-like symptoms –– even with your pets.
It’s no surprise that the recommendations for reduced human to animal transmission are similar to those for preventing human to human transmission: Cough into your elbow, wash your hands before handling your pets and give them a wide berth until 24 hours post-fever.

Again, take into account that so far it appears as though only humans can transmit H1N1 to cats and ferrets. They haven’t yet given it to us, nor have we given the virus to dogs. Only time will tell whether this will remain the case. Here’s hoping that’s as far as H1N1 goes.
www.petmd.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read the post. Thank author for it. I like such themes and anything connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

"The objective within your website may be wonderful for my students. A great deal of great assets are no cost in here. Initially, I have launched your site to my students in my type, so do not be baffled in case your website hits are increase significantly. I talk about quite a few subjects, nevertheless debating in every aspect that can be debated, and at the end of my class (every single week), I advised them in regards to the conclusion of one's theme. Sizzling matter and atmosphere could be fun right here. And then, you might be shocked that my college students received new story each working day, as well as all of them can express their idea in home and school. Specially they told to her/his mom/dad, that they learnt numerous subjects from instructor that learnt from you. Surprisingly that everyone desires to obtain new challenge in your idea, and then when I give new topic, it could be challenging for all of my college students."

--------------------------------------------
美国移民
Also welcome you!

hookworms in dogs said...

wow , I had know Idea animals were vulnerable to the h1n1 virus, thanks alot , I will do a little more research on this matter.

worms in dogs

Pet Euthanasia said...

Good post

Vets now said...

helpful post