For dog owners who like to travel, there is the inevitable issue of what to do with your dog. A new business venture encourages you to take the dogs with you.
Canine Club Getaway (www.canineclubgetaway.com) is, quite simply the ultimate vacation for dogs and the people who love them. The first Getaway is scheduled for September 10-13 in the gorgeous Catskill Mountains in NY.
Here are some of the highlights!
1) Dogs are allowed IN the pool! There's even a kiddie pool for small dogs and novice swimmers.
2) No one has to "ruff it." It's a resort, not a camp, so you get heated, air conditioned rooms with cable TV and wi-fi (for all those hi-tech dogs out there), and there are gourmet meals for the humans (who, with a little training, should be smart enough to bring doggie bags back from dinner!)
3) Dogs are allowed to sleep in the bed with their humans.
4) Lure coursing! Lure coursing! Lure coursing!
5) Agility! Frisbee! Flyball!
6) Incredible hiking
7) A vet on the premises. In case you break a nail with all that lure coursing.
8) The convenience store sells dog treats.
9) It's a big, giant party with nothing but dogs and dog people! How can you NOT love that?
If this sounds like fun, check out the Web site at www.canineclubgetaway.com.