It's easy to get a bit lazy in the winter....here on the east coast, the walks have gotten shorter, for both the dogs health and mine, in some of the coldest temperatures we've seen in a couple of years on a daily basis.
Beat your pet’s winter blues. The following are tips to keep your pet active and happy the whole winter through.
1. Hide and seek games. Stow treats throughout the house. Your pet will make a game out of sniffing down the treat.
2. Send your pet to a pet day care for a break. This will allow him to socialize and burn off some excess energy.
3. Spend more time playing with and engaging your pet. Break out his favorite toy and spend some time interactively stimulating your pet.
4. Have an indoor play date. Invite a friend with a pet over to mingle. Just make sure you know they get along beforehand.
5. Take your pet on a road trip. Whether you just drive around so that your pet can see the view or have a destination, like a friend’s house, in mind this will keep your pet occupied.