What do good cat owners do that help give them good healthy cats?
Here are a few things:
1. First, they play with their cats. Most cats love to run and play. It is a physical release and helps keep them physically healthy and emotionally happy. Make sure your cat has lots of good fun toys that he likes and work to engage him in play.
2. Yearly check-ups. Ensuring that your cat has yearly check-ups to help look for any medical problems early is a very good habit. During the yearly exam, your veterinarian will also determine if your cat requires any vaccines, flea control or heartworm preventative medications. These will help to keep your cat healthy and comfortable.
3. Good daily care. Daily monitoring of your cats appetite, urinations, bowel movements are a part of being a good responsible cat owner. Healthy cats have a good appetite, normal urinations and healthy bowel movements. Any abnormalities should be noted and any persistent changes should be reported to your veterinarian.
4. Feed a good quality food. Good nutrition is a very important part of a cat's health and is the most proactive thing you can do to keep your cat healthy.
5. Daily grooming. Monitoring your cats nails and trimming when needed, brushing his teeth at least every other day and daily hair brushing are important to prevent unnecessary problems such as dental disease, torn nails, and uncomfortable hairballs.